Materials Engineering Certificate Program
This program is a 15-credit certificate available to Chemical Engineering and Mechanical & Industrial Engineering students in the College of Engineering at UMass, Amherst.
The required courses for this certificate are:
- MIE 201 (3 credits) – Introduction to Materials Science and Engineering
- ChE/MIE 571 (3 credtis) – Physical & Chemical Processing of Materials
- ChE/MIE 572 (1 credit) – Physical & Chemical Processing of Materials Lab
- ChE/MIE 590L (1 credit) – Materials Science & Engineering Project
- MIE/ChE 590C (3 credits) – Mechanical Behavior of Materials
- MIE/ChE 590F (1 credit) – Mechanical Behavior of Materials Lab
- ChE/MIE 579 (3 credits) – Advanced Materials Engineering
Flow Chart (pdf)
For further information and advice, please contact Professor Maroudas at: email@example.com
In order to enroll in the Certificate Program, Chemical Engineering majors should speak to Tami Paluca in 158F Goessmann Lab.