All times are listed as local Amherst, MA time (EST).
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Monthly Department-Wide Forums
*All are welcome! Please email Amity Lee for Zoom information
Tuesday, October 19, 2021 at 11:30 am in LGRT 201. "Privilege"
- Tuesday, April 26, 2022, 11:30 a.m. in LGRT 201.
Tuesday, March 22, 2022, 11:30 a.m. in LGRT 201.
- Tuesday, November 30, 2021, 11:30 a.m. in LGRT 201.
Tuesday, October 19, 2021, 11:30 a.m. in LGRT 201. "Privilege"
Thursday, August 5, 2021, 11:30 a.m. in LGRT 201. Host: Shelly Peyton (Steps toward building an anti-racist lab)
Tuesday, February 16th, 2021 11:30 am, Semra Colak Atan, 3M Diversity Series
Tuesday, February 23rd, 2021 11:30 am-12:30/12:45 pm, Microaggression & Supportive Climate Workshop
Kirsten Helmer, Ed. D., from the Center for Teaching and Learning, will lead us on an interactive discussion about micro aggressions. Recognizing and developing strategies for addressing micro aggressions is a key part of building a respective, supportive community. Participants will increase their knowledge about what micro aggressions are and the harm they can impart. In small breakouts, we’ll discuss scenarios, examining hidden messages and impact. We’ll then have an opportunity to discuss intervention strategies. We look forward to supporting CHE in your efforts to support a climate that is inclusive and welcoming to all. (Email lee at umass.edu for zoom link, restricted to UMass community)
Tuesday, March 16th at 11:30 - 12:30 pm
Integrating Social Justice and Engineering Sciences: Transforming Engineering Education from Within with Dr. Juan Lucena, Colorado School of Mines, Faculty, staff and students welcome. Register here to receive the Zoom Link: https://tinyurl.com/UMassCOE-JuanLucenaSemina
- Thursday, April 15th, 2021, 11:30 am-12:30 pm (Inclusive Teams and Collaborations with Rolf Jentoft)
From Fall 2020 Semester:
- Thursday September 17th, 2020 11:30 am-12:30 pm (Equity, Inclusion, and Mental Health in a Pandemic)
- Tuesday October 13th, 2020 11:30 am-12:30 pm (International Student Experience)
- Thursday November 12th, 2020 11:30 am-12:30 pm (Implicit Bias)
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Monthly Committee Meeting
Please email Shelly Peyton if you are interested in participating on the committee
- Tuesday, September 8th, 2020 9-10 am
- Tuesday, October 6th, 2020 10-11 am
- Friday, November 6th, 2020 10-11 am
- Tuesday, December 8th, 2020 10-11 am
Faculty-wide Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Summer 2020 Brainstorming meetings
- Friday, June 26th, 2020 3-4 pm
- Friday, July 3rd, 2020 3-4 pm
- Friday, July 10th, 2020 3-4 pm
- Friday, July 17th, 2020 4-5 pm
- Friday, July 24th, 2020 3-4 pm
- Friday, July 31st, 2020 3-4 pm
- Friday, August 7th, 2020 3-4 pm
- Friday, August 14th, 2020 3-4 pm