Thinking of becoming a UMass Amherst student with a major in Engineering?
Please consider a visit to campus.
Look through the websites of the various engineering departments you are considering, and make a special note of curriculum requirements. Engineering students have a similar curriculum their first year, with each department requiring different entry-level courses. In Chemical Engineering, the courses are Engin 110 in the Fall (Intro to Chemical Engineering) and Engin 120 in the Spring (Fundamentals). Engineering students start as pre-engin majors, and must complete a series of courses to move into a declared engineering major.
- UMass Amherst Admissions Office
- Applying to UMass Amherst
- New Students Orientation
- Admitted Students in Engineering
- UMass Amherst's Future Students Page
- College of Engineering's Future Students Page
- Chemical Engineering Undergraduate Page (check FAQs)
- Laptop requirements
Chemical Engineering Department Snapshot:
- Materials Science & Engineering
- Process & Catalysis
- Computational Engineering